As science looks more and more at the human body with greater technology, we have begun to come full circle in understanding what the ancients knew about the heart, the brain, and divine consciousness.
Here are 10 things to know about the heart:
Did you know that…
1. Your heart emits electromagnetic fields that change according to your emotions.
2. The heart is 500 times electrically stronger than the brain and up to 5000 times magnetically stronger.
3. The human heart’s magnetic field can be measured up to several feet away from the body.
4. The heart has a system of neurons that have both short and long term memory.
5. That signals sent to the brain by the heart neurons can affect emotional experiences.
6. The heart send more information to the brain than the brain sends to the heart.
7. The electromagnetic signal produced by your heart is registered in the brain waves of people around you.
8. In the womb, the heart forms and starts to beat before the brain is developed.
9. A mother’s brainwaves can synchronize to her baby’s heartbeats.
10. Your physiological responses sync up with your mate’s during empathetic interactions
This video from Spirit Science is a great overview on all aspects of the power of the heart:
The Heartmath Institute specializes in studying all aspects of the heart. Through their studies they show what healers have known for a long time, namely that negative emotions create a nervous system chaos, while positive emotions create coherence in the body and positive emotions boost the immune system.
For more information check out heartmath.org